Thursday, June 13, 2013

Paris 2013: What we bought, Part 2

Even as I clicked the 'publish' button on the first post, I knew there were things I missed!  Oh well, dear readers, you will have to put up with another post on things we found in Paris.

I can't believe I forgot to include this one, which is a replacement item.  I left my Princesse Tam Tam bathrobe in Jamaica last Thanksgiving (along with other things - I have serious issues!) which I had purchased in Paris in the spring of 2012. Princesse Tam Tam is a great lingerie store in Paris that also has a swimwear line.  The robe is light cotton, knee-length, long sleeved, navy with a tie-waist.  It is, by far, the best bathrobe I've ever owned.  And not expensive either!  The total package. (They also had gray too, but I love navy.)
Image from princessetamtam.com.
It was actually the first thing I purchased upon arriving in Paris.  It packs well and is light-weight enough that you can dry your hair while wearing it without sweating.  Very important!  I was thrilled that they still had it a year later.  And while shopping with Lisa, we wandered into a Princesse Tam Tam shop where she promptly purchased one too.  She loves it just as much as I do.

(Do you see a theme here?  Yes, we have to call each other before heading out to events because we have so many same items of clothing.  But we always follow our rules of wardrobe etiquette.)

I digress.  While we were fondling that Gerard Darel suede car coat, I did happen to find a fabulous scarf!  It has TASSELS and lots of color (which, as you know, is a stretch for me).  Isn't it heaven?!
Image from maboutique.co.uk.
I think that's the end of our purchases.  We committed to seeking things that we can't find (at least easily) in the U.S., and I think we were pretty successful in staying the course on that. ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment