Tuesday, June 11, 2013

W2WW News Flash - Issa London Collaboration at Banana Republic!

This is one collaboration that I'm going to go to ON LAUNCH DAY!  According to the July 2013 issue of InStyle magazine (and Women's Wear Daily, back in April), August 6th is the day that the created-for-Banana-Republic Issa London line will debut in BR stores and online.  (I can't believe we missed the announcement that happened back in April!) 

You might ask yourself 'How do I know Issa dresses?' or 'What is Issa London?'.  Do you remember this photo? 
Image from chiclittledevil.com.
That, my dear readers, is a classic Issa London dress.  Issa London is to the UK what DVF is to the US.  The 40 piece collection will feature, you guessed it, dresses as well as accessories, priced between $39 and $150.  QUITE the bargain when you consider that dress above retails for $595.  (Although I just found a turquoise one on sale at shopbop.com for $416.)

Here are a few sketches of what we might see on August 6th.
Image from trendus.com.
Image from wwd.com.
I actually tried on one of these dresses a few years ago and they are SO flattering.  Would be a great staple to have in your wardrobe (kind of like a DVF wrap dress).  Will I see you at 10:00am at the Natick Mall's Banana Republic? ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment