Tuesday, January 3, 2012

...the weather outside is frightful.

Well, it's finally frightful with temperatures down below freezing.  And I'm beyond excited about my new winter coat - a Post Card coat.  I purchased it on a shopping trip in May with Lisa.  We were in NYC and we stopped in a Searle store.  Searle stores carry a diverse selection of women's attire and outerwear.


Photo from Searlenyc.com

I'm not a fur girl (but admire the coats of those who are), so I've always been on the lookout for a sleek, warm, fitted coat.  After lusting after another pre-school mom's coat last year, I asked her about it.   She told me that you can only get them in NYC at Searle, and that it's the 'NYC Mom coat to have'.

So of course we had to run into Searle, off season, and check it out.  Sure enough, they had a ton of styles, colors, weights.  It was the WARMEST coat I'd ever put on.  White goose down fill.  Water repellant shell.  Hidden rain hood in collar.  Zip up interior with snap placket over to keep out the wind.


Photo from Searlenyc.com

They are not cheap, so it was with a HUGE leap-of-faith (and some encouragement from Lisa) that I pre-ordered the black down-filled city coat for myself.

Final sale, no returns.  Glup.

It arrived in August.  Fortunately, I have no regrets.

The good news is, I've now seen them at Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue in Boston, so no need for a trip to NYC.  But, stop by Searle if you are in NYC and check out the selection.  They are amazing pieces of outerwear, and I hope mine will serve me for years to come.  ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment