Wednesday, May 30, 2012

...you want orange sandals.

We love comments and questions from readers, and we received one this morning:


"Love the cute orange Michael Kors espadrille you recommended for spring! They wear like slippers but hold up for a full day of shopping and sight-seeing. Any recommendations for an orange summer sandal?!? I don't want to go too high with the heel."


Happy to help with your sandal query.  I hit a couple of my online 'hot spots', and here is  what I would purchase for myself if I was on the hunt for orange sandals.  I started with flatter sandals, and loved this pair of DV by Dolce Vita - solid brand that produces fashionable shoes at a lower price.  These Doris sandals are a steal at $59.
Image from zappos.com.
Another cute flat sandal that caught my eye was this pair by Corso Como at Nordstrom.  I love Corso Como shoes - they are decently priced and usually very comfortable.  (They make a great, basic riding boot each fall, priced around $200 - a steal!)  These 'Fountain' sandals are a little more than the DV ones, at $118.95. 
Image from nordstrom.com.
These cuties are on sale right now, and if my foot wasn't so wide, I might scoop them up myself.  By Pour la Victoire, these Farida sandals, in orange suede, are so lovely and summery.  I can see them peeking out of a long, flowing skirt or maxi dress, with shorts, or with rolled up white jeans.
Image from zappos.com.
Onto higher heels.  I can't believe I am actually writing about the next sandal.  Lisa, another friend, and I have this sandal in another color, and love it.  So hip for this summer - 2 1/4" wedge, ankle strap, and so comfortable.  This Sam Edelman Sophie sandal is a great find, especially at $119.  You might have to let us know if you purchase these so we don't all show up at the same event wearing them. :-)
Image from samedelman.com.
Mid-height heels are SO hard to find, so I looked for a some higher heels with a platform in the front.  These aren't as much 'sandal' as they are 'wedge', but I loved them just the same.  The 'Jill' wedge by Dolce Vita are lovely.  And, I'm a sucker for suede. The heel looks to be really high, and at 5", it is!  But the 2" (or, 1 7/8" to be exact) platform really puts you at a 3" pitch in the heel.  Not too bad.
Image from zappos.com.
Finally, I really love these See by Chloe Wedge sandals at Nordstrom.  They are on sale, down to $200-ish from a whopping $350, they are elegant and can be dressed both up and down.  And, because of the 'rust' finish rather than bright orange, I can see these going into September and maybe early October too.  The heel height is listed at 3 1/2", but the front platform takes about an inch off that pitch.
Image from nordstrom.com.
Hope that helps!  We love to answer reader questions so don't hesitate to leave comment or questions.  ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment