Wednesday, May 23, 2012

...attending a college reunion.

With my husband's 25th college reunion in just a few days, my attention is turning to my closet and what to wear.  This isn't just a one night affair, slam-dunked with a LBD (translation:  little black dress).  Oh no, this is a 5-Day event during the course of which, the pendulum will swing from commencement exercises, cocktail receptions and garden party to a reception with the University President and Dean, a Family Field day, a dance party, and a concert with the Psychedelic Furs and English Beat.  Might as well just pack up the whole closet and call it a day.

If you've got a reunion, graduation or wedding coming up, here's a sampling of what I'll be doing:

Do get a mani/pedi!  For manicure, I like nude nails so when they chip during your stay, it won't be so noticable. My fave is OPI Bubble Bath which also comes in gel. I'm partial to red toes right now before we get into summer, but anything goes on the toes!
Image from thislovegame.blogspot.com.
Because I am a person who like CHOICES, to dress on whatever whim I'm feeling or change with the weather that is blowing through Cambridge at the moment, I'm going to bring lots of OPTIONS.

For cocktail reception, enter LBD. This Rachel Zoe silhouette is really is divine, with just the right amount of drape across the tummy to make it all work.  With a white blazer if it's cool.  Add these gorgeous Jimmy Choo snakeskins and all done!
Image from nordstrom.com.
Image from saksfifthavenue.com.
Next up, the garden party.  Picked up this very cute dress at Sara Campbell in Wellesley the other day.  It'll be perfect in the 80 degree heat we're expecting.   I'll pair it with navy wedge espadrilles and a navy sweater or white blazer. 
Image from saracampbell.com.
Just in case, I will also pack this J.Crew pink lace top and Alice and Olivia white pants which will be a good back up for any occasion for the warm weather this week.
Image from pinterest.com.
Image from nordstrom.com.
Concert night?  The Psychedelic Furs/English Beat concert is begging for jeans and a t.  'nuf said.

Top it off with a great purse.  The chain and tassel detail on this Rebecca Minkoff bag will be perfect to hold lipstick, cell, $, and license (though I don't suppose they'll be carding at a 25th reunion) for all reunion activities.
Image from shopbop.com.
And off I go on Wednesday!  I hope to report back with pics of fabulous fashions from the forty-something set in attendance! ~ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment