Sunday, May 6, 2012

Online Inspiration

The most recent issue of Matchbook just arrived in my in-box and I wish I could tear out each page for my inspiration wall, which of course I can't since it's an online magazine.  (Enter Pinterest, where I can curate to my heart's content!)  Online magazines are a great resources to find inspiration and ideas.
Image from matchbookmag.com.
If you haven't paged through an issue of Matchbook, you really must check it out.  Matchbook is a lifestyle magazine that wants the reader to consider them a "field guide to a charmed life".  After this month's issue with Serena and Lily on the cover, I'm feeling the charm, not just for personal clothing and accessories, but for my home.  The Clambake Wish List made my heart pound a little harder for Cape Cod, and the stationery guide has some fun, different ideas which I'm always looking for when it comes to personal paper.

Another good online 'zine is Lonny.  Launched in October 2009, Lonny is the original online mag that kick-started the trend in digital mags.  It's a bimonthly, online home decor magazine that highlights extraordinary interiors, innovative bloggers, and the latest in personal fashion.  As seen in the March/April issue, the Kate Spade bag, Heidi Merrick dress, and kinda crazy Dannijo necklace are hot.
Image from lonnymag.com. 

and look at this Malibu beach house. To. Die. For.
Image from lonnymag.com.
And finally, there's rue...San Francisco-based publication, kind of geared toward a younger reader.  Do check out the shout-out to Boston shops on page 40-41 for the skinny on M.Flynn, Patch NYC, and Good among others.
Image from ruemag.com.
Off to make some tea and curl up with these cool mags! ~ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment