Tuesday, May 8, 2012

...antique hunting at Brimfield.

Today, Jen and I both ventured west for the opening day of the Brimfield Antique show.  When I wasn't laser-focused on finding a bench for my living room and didn't have my head buried in a bin of vintage scarves (Jen got a cute side table for her living room, and I picked up a former chicken feeder that will become a planter...in theory), I found myself noticing what people were wearing.  This was not a shabbily dressed group of shoppers trudging through the fields at 6:00am.  The women (and lots of men) looked fantastic in a Brimfield-chic kind of way.  How is it possible to rise at 4:30am and look put together under such harrowing circumstances?    Think mud, rain, 50 chilly degrees and walking for hours and hours through the fields of Brimfield. The uniform looked something like pictured below.  Fashionable AND functional.  I'm all about that.

If you're heading out this week, have so much fun!  My favorite vendors are Nesting on Main in Shelton Antiques and Industrial Age in the Meadows.  Be sure to stop by and check out their amazing finds! ~ LB

brimfield
Image from polyvore.com.

Barbour cordoroy jacket
$436 - coggles.com

Hunter round toe boots
£85 - harveynichols.com

Muji umbrella
$16 - muji.us

New Drifter Hat
barbour.com

Lightweight Travel Pack
$79 - patagonia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment