Sunday, September 27, 2015

My September Obsession - The Open-toe Bootie

A friend wanted my opinion about a pair of booties before making the purchase and sent me a picture of these gorgeous thangs for approval.  
Image from parlourx.com
The air is pretty thin up there in the expensive shoe stratosphere and it’s comforting to have someone check your chute before you jump.   The shoe is the Celine Bam Bam.  They were a revelation.  The black leather upper with slightly edgy zipper.  Sleek silver heel in a wearable height.  All balanced with a natural leather sole.  A basic with a twist that could be dressed up or down.   Bam bam indeed.

She had an anniversary party and styled them them with cropped black track pants and a lovely layered Lafayette 128 top.  Very simple. She was definitely on to something.  I started playing with looks and saw a workhouse that would go miles in the fall wardrobe.

Instead of a basic pump or flat booties, I’m thinking outside my comfort zone this fall.  It's all about basics - a favorite white blouse with jeans, easy sweater over leggings - and pairing it with a killer pair of booties will totally elevate my look from the same old thing to fabulous.  These Vince peep toe booties  will fill the slot nicely with a variety of fall looks.
Image from bloomingdales.com.
I am a summer girl through and through but I’ve got to say, I’m glad it’s Fall. ~ LB

W2WW - Fall Bootie Looks

No comments:

Post a Comment