Monday, September 16, 2013

it's Fall 2013: Short Booties

Unlike my blogging partner, I'm not physically capable of wearing ballet flats after the first frost.  I need socks otherwise I'm in a state of perma-cold!  I also start wearing gloves around the same time.  ($1 at A.C. Moore, I get 10 pairs of black every season and am never at a loss when one inevitably goes missing.)

Enter the short bootie!  It's a versatile addition to the closet since it can be worn with ANYTHING while you can still comfortably navigate cobblestones, bike paths, soccer fields, and neighborhood streets.  Short height + short heel = fashion perfection!

Over slim, boot-cut jeans, they are a great option instead of sneakers or clogs.
Image from girlaroundtown.net.
Image from calypsostbarth.com.
Pants are still slim and cropped (or rolled to a crop) this fall, so booties help you get a few more weeks out of white jeans as you transition to fall.  Pair with cropped gray or black pants as fall and colder temps roll in.
Image from thestyleup.com. 
Image from calypsostbarth.com.

I wear dresses and skirts to work and short booties are a fresh alternative to tall riding boots.  Pippa's got a wedge going on with tights.  I'm more of a shift/tunic girl with bare legs and booties.
Image from girlaroundtown.net.
Image from calypsostbarth.com.
Skinny, skinny leggings can be tucked in and worn with a big coat or sweater for a great fall vibe, or with a dressy tunic for nights out.
Image from girlaroundtown.net.
Image from calypsostbarth.com.
If you have great legs, wear them with shorts!
Image from hereyouarefw.com.
Image from calypsostbarth.com.
Deciding which color as been the big challenge for me.  Consider camel suede or colored leather.  I tend to wear white, ivory, grey, and camel a lot.  Non-black suedes and darker leathers offer texture, richness and contrast where black can fall flat.  Plus, how many pairs of black boots do you have in your closet?  Be honest. Yep, we thought so.

Check out my Polyvore set below for inspiration and ideas!  Happy shopping! ~ LB
W2WW: short booties

No comments:

Post a Comment