Monday, September 30, 2013

it's Fall 2013: Plaid

Plaid is upon us ladies.  The fashion world is mad for plaid this season.  We will be seeing tartans and checks in everything from shoes and sunglasses to skirts and pants.

Plaid takes me right back to my favorite Woolrich scarf that I wore to death in college.  Then there's that classic burberry scarf that I picked up at the Duty Free Shop at Heathrow in the 90s, that I still own and will be dragging out shortly.   

If you live in New England, you have to have one piece of plaid in your fall wardrobe.  How to wear plaid this season?  You may see me in a pair of Zara plaid pants or a fun Uniqlo jacket.  Or swaddled in this gorgeous cashmere blanket from One Kings Lane.  You will not see me in a plaid pleated mini skirt or wearing plaid-frame ray bans.  But they are out there!

Play it easy and go with the preppy vibe.  A plaid shirt will do what your demin shirt does and so much more.   Try layering it under a chunky sweater with jeans and a vest.   

W2WW Plaid Outfit


Theory sweater / Patagonia down vest / Joie mid rise skinny jeans / Tod's red moccasin / Tote bag / Watch / Made heart charm / Accessorize crystal necklace / Ray-Ban green sunglasses, $200 / MADEWELL Flannel Boyshirt in Fence Plaid

Plaid is a classic that can add that much needed pops of color to the uniform of the day.  Here are some of my favorite scarves.  Throw one on with a sweater, cardigan or jacket and your outfit and mood will be transformed! ~ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment