Friday, September 13, 2013

it's Fall 2013: Camouflage.

Years ago at the day-after-Christmas-morning-sale-at-Saks, I found a pair of gorgeous, Prada camouflage flats. 1/2 off the sale price.  I shrugged, said 'why not', and purchased them.  I've loved them over the years, but it's only recently that camouflage has become mainstream.  I'm going to live in them this fall.

Fall 2013 is the season to shop it and wear it!  Camo is everywhere.  J.Crew has already sold out of their camo pants for fall.  The Gap I was in today had also sold out.  My oldest daughter even got in on the act and fell in love with these camo leggings.
Image from splendid.com.
But just because some looks have sold out doesn't mean you have missed out.  There are tons of great options out there!  Some of my favorites?  Let's start with these Pretty Ballerinas pointy toe ballet flats.  What do you wear them with?  A column of black, black cropped pants and a top, with a denim skirt.  Heaven!  If I didn't already have camo ballet flats, I'd be on the phone in a heartbeat.  
Image from prettyballerinas.us.
And what about this tank, layered under a sweater, black jacket or long cardigan?  A subtle nod to the trend if you don't think a pair of camo pants is the answer for you.
Image from piperlime.com
Or heck, go for the full pant.  These pants by Baldwin Denim aren't skin-tight and have nice lines.  I kind of love them.  (And they are on sale.)
Image from shopbop.com.
How to wear camouflage?!  Here are some thoughts:

  • If you have a camo pant/legging - think of black, deep navy, jean or chambray, white, light gray, or light pink tops to pair with them. I really like a light pink - can you see putting a J.Crew pink v-neck sweater on top of the Baldwin camo pants?!  I can.  I think a pink softens the 'tough' of the camouflage.
  • If you have a camo jacket, keep the rest of your look neutral underneath.  That's a lot of print you are wearing already.
  • Use camo as a 'pop' in a tank under a sweater or jacket or on your feet with a fun pair of flats.  I've worn my camouflage flats with jeans and black skinny pants.  (Maybe I should pair them with white jeans or winter white cords.) A camouflage scarf would be a fun way to dip your toe in the trend also.
Whatever you decide, don't be afraid to try! ~ JH

W2WW: Camouflage


Christopher Kane camo hoodie / DKNY crew neck pullover / Madewell camo jacket / TEXTILE Elizabeth and James skinny jeans / rag & bone/JEAN slouch skinny jeans / Baldwin Denim boyfriend jeans / Sam Edelman flat shoes / Anniel ballet shoes / Clare Vivier clutch / Roffe Accessories fringe shawl / Glam Bands elastic hair tie / Alternative Print Short Sleeve Crew Tee Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment