Wednesday, January 2, 2013

...you are on a ski weekend.


Happy New Year W2WW readers!  Lisa and I clearly took a nice break from our blogging duties, and we hope you took a break from whatever duties you have too!

My break consisted of a quiet Christmas, shopping at Saks on December 26th, and the start of the ski season.  We love to ski, but just because I'm skiing doesn't mean I slack on style.  There are entire catalogues devoted to ski and apres-ski attire, like Gorsuch (and Lord help me if I'm ever in Aspen/Vail/Snowmass/Beaver Creek and actually NEAR the store), but since I don't have a Gorsuch budget, I get to put together my own ski and apres ski outfits.

First, on the slopes.  There's really not too much to do here other than bundle up and bundle some more.  But, if you are in the market for a ski jacket, I think the louder the better.  After 15 years with an orange Patagonia jacket system, it was time to update this season.  I fell in love with this Obermeyer jacket;  I was told this weekend that it was very easy to find me on the mountain because it is so bright.  This picture doesn't do it justice.
Image from obermeyer.com.
There are a lot of bright jackets out right now, so if you are in the market, go for it.  The brighter the better!  Check out this great blue one from Patagonia.
Image from patagonia.com.
Of course, I'm still searching for the perfect hat (for apres ski) to go with my coral jacket, and at the end of the season, I'm hoping to pick up some white or gray ski pants to change it up from the normal black bottoms.  An outfit in constant change.

And off the slopes, a cute apres ski outfit is mandatory.  Whether you are sitting in your condo with friends drinking wine and eating cheese (90% of the time) or grabbing dinner at the nearest pub, I always want to shake off the layers and cozy up in something comfortable, warm, and stylish.  I think ponchos, updated fair isle sweaters, leggings, soft cords, and jeans plus soft leather boots, snow boots, and socks.  I put a couple of looks together on Polyvore to inspire...let us know what you wear on your ski weekends. ~ JH


W2WW Apres Ski


J.Crew knit sweater / J.Crew intarsia sweater / J.Crew turtleneck sweater, $135 / Mango cotton turtleneck sweater / Marc by Marc Jacobs Fur Waist-coat marc jacob / Calypso St. Barth sweater vest / Ralph Lauren Black Label Poncho / J.Crew cord pants / AG Adriano Goldschmied low rise pants / James Jeans / Sorel black boots / Aquatalia by Marvin K. black leather boots / H&M high heel boots, $48 / Dries Van Noten silver bracelet, $97 / Bony Levy diamond jewelry / Tory Burch / prAna / Comptoir Des Cotonniers knit hat, $45 / Genie by Eugenia Kim beanie hat / Comptoir Des Cotonniers hat, $73 / Ray-Ban ray ban sunglasses, $135 / Giorgio Armani metal sunglasses, $220 / Tory Burch cat eye sunglasses / Merino Turtleneck Sweater / Gorsuch / Links of London black jewelry

1 comment:

  1. Love the topic and the jacket! N.H. Needs you!!! Xox sara

    ReplyDelete