Thursday, January 10, 2013

it's Spring 2013: Cobalt Blue

This week, while returning some shoes purchased online at Saks on Christmas day (Sniff!  They didn't fit!), I couldn't help but wander into the women's apparel departments to see what is new for spring.  And, since I had a couple of hours, I began to dig deep.  

You see, I really dislike my spring/summer wardrobe right now.  It's tricky in New England.  I want to look springy in April, but there might still be snow on the ground and spring ballet flats don't work in slush.  It's still pretty cool in early May too, requiring jackets and layers for the most part.  I definitely have some good items, but it's not as coherent as I'd like it to be.  I'd like more 'outfits' so I can grab and go in the morning and still look stylish.  I have WAY TOO MANY white pairs of pants and jeans.  I need more bottoms that are NOT white pants/jeans or denim.  (It's mental;  I think white pants are hard to find, so when I find a good pair, I buy them.  Result:  All white pants.)  I need some cute tops for everyday wear; I purchased so many out-to-dinner-silk-tops last spring that I haven't even worn 2 of them.  Shhh.  Don't tell.

So, I started my spring shopping in Saks on Tuesday, trying to focus on things I don't own already.  I love Vince, and Saks had a HUGE selection of resort/spring Vince.  Vince was showing a ton of cobalt blue (or 'Pacific' or 'Bluebell',as Vince defined it), which, if you recall, I saw a ton of in Paris last April. The outfit fit perfectly, so I had to pick it up.


Images from shopbop.com.
The pants are actually navy with the cobalt stripe so I can throw on a white blazer or navy sweater to make the outfit more transitional with a closed toe pump.  Conversely, I can dress it down with a light gray or silver ballet flat.  

Even though Pantone says the color of the year is emerald, cobalt is out in force!  From Joie to Vince to Reed Krakoff, it's all over the place.  Consider one or 2 cobalt pieces this spring when looking to update your wardrobe.  The blue goes great with black, navy, white, and chartreuse.  Why limit blue to garments - I saw purses, shoes, and even sunglasses in cobalt!  Check out the Polyvore set below of items I saw at Saks on Tuesday as well as some others I've seen to give you an idea of the selection out there.  Onto spring 2013! ~ JH

W2WW Spring 2013: Cobalt Blue



Equipment long sleeve silk blouse / Joie silk blouse / Vince boat neck sweater / Proenza Schouler tie dye t shirt / Joie stripe sweater / GAP striped sweater / Trina Turk ponte pants / Madewell silk pants / J.Crew j crew / GAP suede loafer / Frye leather ballet flat / Manolo Blahnik pointed toe high heels / Reed Krakoff / Longchamp tote / C. Wonder genuine leather handbag / Loop scarve / Ray-Ban optical

No comments:

Post a Comment