The Piece: Brown silk vest. Open on both sides with button closure in front.
The Challenge: How to style it for a fresh, modern look?
|Images provided by reader.|
All that's needed here is some simple styling to add some drama and keep it elegant.
- Bottoms - Try a skinny silhouette underneath. The unconstructed, whispy nature of the vest is begging for a minimal look. Try tailored slim pants for a more elegant look.
- Column of Color - Think of yourself as a column and dress head to toe in one color. We like black a-la-Victoria Beckman (she'd look amaze in a paper bag) ....very basic. (See below.) Shake it up with brown in either a slightly lighter or darker shade .
- Casual - For more of a casual look, try try a skinny, longsleeve tee (Majestic is a great brand) underneath with skinny jeans in denim or white. If long-sleeve is too much with it, try a sleeveless top underneath (like the black and white outfits below).
- Shoes - On your feet, boots or booties are a MUST. You need to be a few stories up to do justice to the look.
- Loose - Do not button it up - let it flow lady.
- Finish Touch - We like the minimal, no jewelry look but if you want a necklace, play on the length. You could pair with a long necklace (Chan Luu or something from Anthropologie in earthy or golden tones).
Check out the images below for inspiration! Have fun with it and send us pics of how you styled it. We'd love to see what you did with it. ~ LB
|Images from pinterest.com.|
|Image from neimanmarcus.com.|
|Image from dailymail.co.uk.|