Saturday, June 14, 2014

In search of a navy pump.

At a dinner on Thursday night, my friend (and W2WW reader) was talking about how there are NO navy pumps out in the market.  This friend is a professional - think high-pressure meetings and the suits to match.  She's a serious executive and needs serious clothing for the job.    While this isn't my current world (SAHM), I know all about obsessions when it comes to clothing.  I told her "No problem; I'm on it.".  We LOVE the hunt at W2WW!

She'll be pleased to know that she can update her current kitten-heels with a click of a mouse.  My quick, online search using polyvore.com revealed lots of options.

First up?  The DVF Bethany heel.  Standing near 4" tall, it might be too tall for my friend, but worth a look.  It's a patent navy, which can be a plus in inclement weather, but she might just want leather.
Image from piperlime.com.
Next is one of my favorites - the Jimmy Choo Embossed Printed Leather Pump.  I love the leather on this and the heel height of 3.3" makes it completely wearable.  A classic, year-round shoe.
Image from jimmychoo.com.
Zappos was bound to have something, and it does, with the Elie Tahari Electra Pump.  With a lower heel height of 2 3/4", it might be even better for running to and from meetings.  
Image from zappos.com.
If she wants something a little exotic, Manolo Blahnik is showing these Twixpla Low-Heeled Pump with eelskin.  Oh yes, she'll pay a bit more for these - the $825 price tag is a little jaw dropping.  But the heel height is perfect and the eelskin makes for an interesting texture.

Image from bergdorfgoodman.com.
I'd like to see the blue on these in person (is it truly navy or a little lighter?!), but I know how comfortable Chloe shoes are, especially with a stacked heel.  My friend should check out these Chloe Scalloped Leather Pumps.
Image from saksfifthavenue.com.
Finally, a tried a true classic - the Manolo Blahnik BB in Navy.  How could she go wrong with this shoe?!
Image from barneys.com.
Friend - you have plenty of choices!  Happy shopping and let us know what you decide! ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment