Sunday, June 15, 2014

Epic shopping day at the Green Tangerine!

I had the opportunity to take a quick day-trip up to Kennebunk, ME - more of a trip of 'errands' before summer arrives.  But, you know me.  I couldn't help but to stop at the Green Tangerine and check out their summer goods!  And boy, was I happy to have stopped!
Image from facebook.com.
Caroline (shop owner) is a master of curating clothing!  She carries a ton of different brands, all at different price points. From Vince to Lilla P to Vineyard Vines to Splendid.  Everything is mixed together, so it's not as though all the Vince is on one rack, and all the Splendid is on another.  Pieces are placed with complimentary items, and that's what I love.  I picked up all kinds of summer goodies!

The frenzy started when I walked by this scarf:
Image from zappos.com.
Simple, light, white Michael Stars scarf ($48) with grey and peach embroidery with khaki pom-poms.  I kind of fell in love, and needed an outfit to go with it.  So off I wend to find a peach or grey top.  And I found a peach Vince tshirt and a white G1 'everyday' skirt.  And it all looks great together.  The G1 skirt is basic, but I have another G1 skirt from YEARS ago (from the Green Tangerine) that I still wear all summer long.  Perfect material and length.  Why not have another?
Image from store.g1goods.com.
I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for a lightweight, everyday summer dress that's not clingy and doesn't require a special bra to wear with it. I found a good one!  This tunic dress by Velvet is going to see a lot of wear this summer.  Yes, it's a little out of my wheelhouse of normal, but it fits great and I love that it's different from what's in my closet already.
Image from shophorseshow.com.
Last summer at the Green Tangerine, I picked up a great, loose-knit sweater with a skull worked into the knit of the sweater.  Totally fun. Wore it to death.  Here it is:
Image from lyst.com.
This year, I picked up a new one - in sheer, white cashmere - with a skull on the back of the sweater.   It's so subtle, but so fun and unexpected.  Will put colored tank tops underneath to make the skull stand out.  Cannot for the life of me find it online to show you, which I also appreciate since I won't see it on anyone else.  

This is the beauty of the Green Tangerine - unexpected, unique pieces of clothing.  If you are every in Kennebunk or Kennebunkport, you MUST stop in, say 'hi' to Caroline, and allow at least an hour to go through her beautiful store!   Thanks for a great shop Caroline! ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment