Monday, March 18, 2013

it's Spring 2013: Mirrored Metallics

The family movie of choice last weekend was "Mirror Mirror" with Julia Roberts and Armie Hammer (mama eye candy...just sayin') which was apropos and perfectly timed with the trend du jour of mirrored leathers.  We're seeing them on bags, belts, shoes and accessories in all sorts of wild neons and cool metallics.   I'm partial to the silver and gold tones.  They are a great neutral with more pizzazz than bone or cream and can be dressed up or down.  My favorites? 

Designers are paying more attention to ankle adornment and we'll see that trend right into Spring 2014. I love a good wedge and this pair from Rebecca Minkoff is spot on cute.
Image from shopbop.com.
7 for all mankind is designing shoes now to go with their jeans.  I can see these with a pair of faded rolled up skinnies or with shorts or a skirt.
Image from neimanmarcus.com.
These Elizabeth and James are my favorites.  I'm wearing a lot of black, navy and white and think the pop of color in these will make for a cool, fresh look.
Image from shopbop.com.
These little See by Chloe sandals are darling with the metal band and ankle strap. 
Image from shopbop.com.
Move over Tory Burch and J.Crew flip flops.  Hello Dolce Vita.  The metallic detail on these sandals at the toe is fab!  LIke a little golden crown on polished toes.  In a rainbow of colors.
Image from nordstrom.com.
I like the combination of the rough, woven leather with the metallic silver on these Loeffler and Randall beauties.
Image from shopbop.com.
J.Crew has a great selection of metallic flats and sandals right now.  These would do double duty during the day with shorts or a sundress and then transition easily to dinner out at night.
Image from jcrew.com.
Please 'reflect' on these and let us know what you think! ~ LB.

1 comment:

  1. I've always been a little chicken about metallic sandals, but these Chie Mihara ones I found at Ped Shoes are so dang pretty, I think I'm going to take the plunge. I will not fear the shiny and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete