Wednesday, February 29, 2012

...you have a fabulous leather skirt. (Could also be entitled: Demystifying personal shopping - Part 5.)

You may remember reading that I picked up this fabulous 3.1 Philip Lim caramel leather skirt earlier this season and have been wearing it with black mostly.  
Photo from net-a-porter.com
I want to wear it into spring and don't really know what to put with it besides the obvious white T-shirt to lighten it up for spring.  Enter Personal Shopper Amy Swartz at Nordstrom!  A really great personal shopper knows her store inventory and can all sorts of options to work with a favorite item you already own, marrying it with all sorts of unexpected pieces to create whole new look.  That's just what I need for this skirt.  Something fun and unexpected.  

My appointment was right in the middle of February school vacation week, so I brought my own personal photographer (9 yo daughter) and her assistants (5 yo brother and sister) along for counsel.

Here's what Amy had ready for me...



And some of the looks with the skirt and lovely Yves Saint Laurent navy patent wedges.

Here's a casual look with silk tee and denim skirt.



Another casual look with a Vince Camuto striped top.

Another Vince Camuto silk top...a bit more reserved.

Navy is always good with caramel.  Here's a silky top from Parker.


And another fun, colorful top from Diane Von Furstenberg.

A cream silk tee, from Joie, always looks good.



This was AWFULLY frumpy and the color was horrid on me.


A crochet tank from Vince that I've had my eye on for a while.

This jacketed look from Elizabeth and James is pretty hot.

Can you believe all the combinations that Amy thought of for one great skirt?  So, which ones do you like?  Which should I get? ~ LB
Unless otherwise noted, photos are Lisa Bida's.

2 comments:

  1. E&J Jacket, Vince Silk, Joie tee and possibly Vince Stripes. What did you pick????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the Joie silk tee and blue short sleeve top from Parker. Really liked the Elizabeth and James jacket but it was over $400 and for that, it had to be true love. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete