Thursday, November 6, 2014

My November Obsession - High-Waisted Jeans

The annual search for the perfect pair of jeans may have just ended at 7:34pm on Wednesday night.  J.Crew Personal Shopper extraordinaire, Sylvia Gesell, invited me in for a test drive of some of its brand new styles and washes. She had a selection of jeans laid out before me in an assortment of fits and finishes. I immediately bee-lined to the high-waisted jeans. 
Images from jcrew.com.
High-waisted jeans have been on my radar this season so I was curious about their magical slimming powers.   Very 1980s or cool?   You be the judge:

Behold Lookout Stretch Jean in Darci Wash and a more faded wash.  I love love how the Darci fit.  Tencel fiber added to the cotton makes them super comfy, like leggings.  High-waist = no muffin top and a kind of corset-like fit that holds it all together.  No need to suck it in!
Images from Lisa Bida.
Next up, Point Sur High Tower Denim. Ok, they jeans were spectacular!   These brand new beauties are made in LA out of "soft ringspun cotton and all the details are entirely done by hand."  Super flattering, right?
Image from Lisa Bida.
If you're in the market for new jeans, go straight to a high-waisted style.   Stop in on Sylvia at J.Crew in Natick and she'll hunt down a pair that's right for you!   Bien sur! ~ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment