Monday, April 28, 2014

My April obsession - the Perfect Blazer.

I really shouldn't say 'April' obsession, because it's been years and years of searching.  I've tried on a ton of blazers, both inexpensive ones, and ones I should have never put on my back.  Ever.  

I think everyone should have one great blazer in their closet to stick on over a blouse, pants and heels for a go-to outfit.  It would really make life so simple to have one great blazer.  Check out these images for inspiration.
Images from pinterest.com.
I'd like to have both a navy and a black, but really, I just want ONE THAT FITS.  They've either been too short, too long, too boxy, not enough room in the chest, too tight in the sleeve, too tight in the shoulder.  I really don't want to reconstruct a jacket either at the tailor, but I've been tempted to...

After looking and looking, I think I've found the perfect blazer.  I found myself in J.Crew two weeks ago (and yes, I've tried on their blazers for years) and said, 'what the heck, I'll try on another one'.  I put it on.  Wait.  It fits.  It really fits.  It's perfection!  Here it is.
Image from jcrew.com.
The Thompson Blazer in stretch cotton.  Not too long.  Nipped at waist.  No puff shoulder.  Just plain and perfect.  And the plus?  $178.  Sold.  (30% off this week, using code 'GOSHOP' until May 1st!)  

I bought it right before a trip to London.  I wore it no less than 3 days.  With AG Ballad jeans, ivory Theory blouse, cuffs of blazer unbuttoned and rolled up, and snake skin pumps.  Maybe it appeals to the equestrian in me, but I love it.  It also comes in white and khaki.  Check it out if you are in the market! ~ JH

PS - full disclosure - Lisa bought it in white!

No comments:

Post a Comment