Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday 2013: Where is it?

You might be wondering why we have been SO quiet about Holiday 2013 attire.  Well, it's been quiet because we haven't really found anything that has WOW-ed us for Holiday 2013.  A lot of the trends are the same as last year:  metallics, leather, sheer.  Maybe a little velvet thrown in here and there, but nothing new and exciting to report.

So you know what we have done?  Gone shopping in our OWN CLOSETS for holiday wear!  Should we rename this a 'Cheap & Cheerful' post?  Maybe!

You see, I had a lot of holiday wear just hanging around in the closet, only having been worn 1 or 2 times.  Over the years, that's a lot of outfits.  So I made the decision to go "shopping in my closet" and replay some of the oldies but goodies.  

Some of my top items for reusing?!  How about this Vince, sequin t-shirt?  I wore it last week over long black Worth pants and black Manolo heels.  I've had it for a couple of years now, and it just works.  It was a good investment and I still get compliments on it.  Guess what?  Lisa has one too. 
Image from shopbop.com
I hope to wear this Tory Burch Metallic pencil skirt which I picked up last year.  With a sheer black top (with cami under, of course), it's still very 'on trend' for Holiday 2013.
Image from theoutnet.com.
I had to get the cost-per-use down on this lovely top by Gerard Darel.  Combining 2 trends - metallics and leather - it did the trick again this winter by attending a party, paired with skinny, black, cropped pants and black peau de soie pumps.
Image from vestiairecollective.com.
Here's hoping that you too have had a happy holiday season so far!  And recycling outfits can really only mean one thing - more to spend at the Saks day-after-Christmas sale!  ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment