Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Liquid Love

Fashion inspiration can come from the most unexpected of places.  This time, it was from my 10 year-old, t-shirt and yoga-pant-wearing daughter on her birthday trip with me to NYC and a walk past Uniqlo.  If you've never been in a Uniqlo, that will change over the next 3 years as the Japanese retailer makes a push on-line and into the 'burbs.  The store is super big and super fun, with cool basics arranged by color and a staircase that lights up when you walk on it.  She set her sights on the wall of down jackets, all liquid and glossy, in a virtual rainbow of color choices, like all of their offerings.
Image from backseatstylers.com.
The Uniqlo jacket is lightweight and warm, and folds up into it's own cute little sack to the size of a small loaf of brioche.  All for $69.90!  After seeing Grace wearing it in purple - and throwing it on once when I ran out to groceries -  I was disappointed that I didn't get one for myself.  (Note: Jen has one from last season, not quite as 'liquid' as this season's offerings.  And, she loves it!)
Image from uniqlo.com.
Well just a few days ago, Uniqlo opened its online store!  Two days later, my new black coat arrived, looking slick and warm,  perfect for fall days in New England.
Image from uniqlo.com.
I personally feel you don't need to look any farther than Uniqlo.  Heck, I got a navy one for my husband.  He travels down south quite a bit - he can be warm in Boston and then easily stow it when he arrives.  Here are some of my favorites this season:

It was Patagonia that started the trend a few years ago with it's down sweater.  The company has got a whole line in all lengths and weights now, but I like the cranberry and black in these two styles the best
Images from patagonia.com.
For a higher end look, Uniqlo did a special collab with sister company Comptoir des cotonniers.  Gorgeous paired with here with the green dress.  And, sold out completely.
Image from comptoirdescotonniers.com.
Burberry doesn't disappoint with this lovely puffer.  Can't you just see it with jeans or legging and boots for date night?
Image from bloomingdales.com.
Image from zara.com.
Moncler can do no wrong and this stunner in oxblood (yes, I'm still obsessed) is city chic paired with black leggings and booties.  I could see transitioning it to jeans or a cute dress and still looking fabulous.
Image from barneys.com.
If you don't have a lightweight puffer in the closet for winter, you don't know what you're missing.  The glossy finish is fresh and breathes new life into this age old wardrobe staple. ~ LB

1 comment:

  1. Cute, but I would look like the Michelin Man in one of those jackets. I will stick with my thigh length Northface Coat. Yet another trend not becoming to a full-figured gal :(.

    ReplyDelete