Monday, July 16, 2012

W2WW On the Road - Cape Cod


Image from margoshome.com.

While Jennifer heads north to Maine, my summer travels for many years have taken me to Cape Cod.   And once I get here, it’s bathing suits and flip flops – nothing “fashion” about it, which strangely enough for someone who loves a good outfit, is ok by me.  The one addition I’ve made to my summer wardrobe since I landed is a shocking yellow and black life jacket that coordinates perfectly with our new fleet of equally bright yellow kayaks.  When I dry off and do venture back into town, I will be making the rounds to my favorite haunts, two of which are all about home décor.  After a few days on the Cape, I always get the itch to redecorate my 1927 Colonial in blues and whites and accent with shell encrusted accessories.  And lots of weathered wood.   Eek.

Maiden Voyage at Mashpee Commons is just the kind of cramped little place I want to poke around when I’m in that beach frame of mind and need a shell-serving-dish fix.  It’s an eclectic mix of tableware and table linens, lamps, pillows and decorative accessories for the home, all with a seaside theme…mixed with antiques and the latest in fashion jewelry.  A great spot to pick up a hostess gift or a little something for yourself. 

If you’re in Osterville, stop in at Margo’s.   I first discovered Margo’s when I was on the hunt for Dash and Albert rugs and discovered they were a dealer.  The store makes me want to redo my entire house in B-E-A-C-H – the curated mix of furniture, window treatments, lamps, lighting, and linens from Matouk, all look so very harmonious and so very Cape Cod.   
Image from margotshome.com.
Image from margotshome.com.
I’m always on the hunt if you’ve got a favorite shop on Cape Cod to share, please do! ~ LB

1 comment:

  1. Weekend in East Orleans is my must shop on the Cape! Beautiful clothing, home and jewelry.

    ReplyDelete