Wednesday, March 4, 2015

...it's Spring 2015: Florals

Yes, kind of obvious, spring, flowers.  You get it.  But this spring, there are SO many florals to be worn in SO many different ways.  Shoes, dresses, t-shirts, clutches, scarves, lions and tigers and bears oh my!  

Clearly I'm tired of my neutral palette and feeling the need for color (or could it be the 4' snow drifts out my back door?!).  BUT - what I realized last year with these shoes...
Image from barneys.com.
...is that my neutral wardrobe can be completely updated with a floral piece!  A couple of things with florals...
  • Get one or 2 key pieces.  I have those shoes and I purchased a dress for Easter that's a floral pattern.  I think that's enough.  Well, maybe a scarf?  
  • Floral doesn't have to mean "prissy".  Those Givenchy black floral pumps in the Polyvore set below are killer - imagine them with black jeans, black blazer with white t-shirt under?  HOT.
  • If you end up with a floral dress or another piece that has a large amount of floral, minimize everything else.  I'm wearing my barely-there sandals on Easter to go with the floral dress I purchased (not unlike that Ted Baker dress below).  Make all other items neutral - jewelry, shoes, purse.  
  • A floral scarf can cheer up any neutral outfit!
  • An understated floral top can be a nod to the trend if you don't want to jump into the deep end (with an all-over print dress).  And if you don't want to scream floral, pair with a neutral blazer for a little edge or structure or a cardigan.  Both let the floral 'peek' out.
Play with these items next time you find yourself at the mall!  Think spring! ~ JH

W2WW Spring 2015: Florals

No comments:

Post a Comment