Sunday, November 17, 2013

Don't we have enough sweaters?

The last thing I need is another sweater.  My drawer is full of them. Jen and I have pinky-sweared "NO MORE SWEATERS!" this season.  Problem is I fell HARD for Fisherman cable knits this fall.  
Images from habituallychic.blogspot.com.
The texture of a cable knit is the perfect partner for jeans, waxed or leather pants.  There are lots of style and color options out there in stores. But no pink cable for me.  Just the preppy, classic, gorgeous ivory color that goes with everything.   The search began in earnest.  Candidates must be:
  • Not too heavy but heavy enough to be warm with just a cami under, scarf and jeans.  And ankle booties. Or riding boots.
  • Not too bulky.
  • Somewhat refined so I could wear it to work with trousers... 
  • Yet cool enough to work with ponte leggings or waxed jeans 
  • An interesting, classic cable pattern.
  • Wool blend, not cotton.
My search turned up these...

525 America, Tusk cable sweater.  It's super cool and the loose turtle is a bit of a spin.
Image from cusp.com.
The Theory Innis Cable Knit sweater.  This is a gooood one. Sometimes I throw on a denim shirt underneath and Theory's sweater can handle that.
Image from cusp.com.
This Gap cable knit. Gap has great basics and they are doing their own version of cable knit.
Image from gap.com.
At Zara there is this short sleeve cable.  Short sleeve is a nice twist on the classic.
Image from zara.com.
Zara also has this ribbed cable.  It's cute, but it's short in length, so it might be belly-baring which no one, including me, wants to see out in public.
Image from zara.com.
Ahh.  The Vince cable turtleneck.  Very warm and cozy. 
Image from vince.com.
The Barbour Beckwith sweater.  Barbour is the classic.  I like the trim fit.
Image from madewell.
And the new addition to my sweater drawer? Which one made the cut?  This little lovely from Madewell.  Already sold out in store and on-line! 
Image from habituallychic.blogspot.com.
Clearly, I am not alone in my cable admiration.  Move over Eric Bompard, you have a new neighbor. ~ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment