Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Romper Room

I know what you're thinking, but hear me out.  

A romper, really?  Lisa, are you off your rocker?  The last time I wore a one-piece top and short set was, oh, 1972 maybe?   I am clearly not a kid anymore and the romper seems more suited to gazelle-like, twenty-somethings in dark shades strolling Newbury Street on a sunny afternoon.

On our epic 36-hour mini-vaca whilst browsing the racks at Saks, Jen pulled out this very cute Vince romper for me.  
Image from bloomingdales.com.
Really?  

LB:  "It's so short."
JH:  "Just try it on."
LB:  "I'm too old for this."
JH:  "Just try it."
LB:  "And I will wear this...where?", as I pull it on like a onesie.
JH:  "Everywhere."
LB:  "Oooh, I kind of like likey.  I think you may be right!"

The comfort + cool factor is a winning combination for me. Note: I will not wear this buttoned up like the model but with a bit of an open collar.  Add some silver jewelry....long silver Stella and Dot pendant
Image from stelladot.com.
Image from lordandtaylor.com.
Image from jcrew.com.
Flats are too severe, the wedge gives just a bit of height.  And viola - here I am!
Image from Jennifer Houston.
Sidebar...one of the many reasons I love this woman is that she gets me thinking outside the box and dressing outside my comfort zone.  We hope you are inspired to do the same! ~ LB

1 comment:

  1. This romper is so perfect for vacation. I found the same on this site Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete