Monday, January 6, 2014

…you want a fresh clutch, tote, or handbag.

My family and I went to NYC over the Christmas break, which was a ton of fun but not the shop-mani-cocktail-dinner event that it usually is with the girls.  Walking by my favorite shops (and into the hours-long-line for the Ferris Wheel at Toys R Us) was torturous.  I did manage to drag the fam into the new Clare Vivier shop on Elizabeth Street for a little look-see.

Image from style.com.
Clare Vivier is a CA-based designer who is known for her simple, well-made leather bags, particularly for her signature fold-over clutch that sells like hot-cakes in stores like Bergdorf and Steven Alan.  She has two stores: one in LA and this new one, opened three months ago, in Nolita right down the street from Tory Burch.  She describes her new store as "inspired by French glamour mixed with L.A. vibe."  Right up my alley and down my street.  

The store did not disappoint. 

Witness her signature Foldover clutch...in every possible leather and color combo.   This blue with red zipper is jaw-dropping gorgeous and would play well this spring with a low key uniform of navy, stripes, blue and white jeans. The cream is simple perfection.  The gold and blue stripe with snazzy bow can work with a dressed up or down outfit.
The Carryall in washed canvas is just divine and can be personalized with initial monogram.  Looks like a great beach tote!
I've been bag-shopping for a cross-body satchel and this Duffle Petit just might fit that bill.
The Gosee Clutch is simpler cross-body style that can still hold the essentials. White for summer.
Sac Bretelle is slim and cheery, perfect for just the basics.
GASP! Simple Tote in Ponyhair!  I die 4 u.

The Grand Pochette:  to be worn with all white and accompanied by an ocean view and vodka cocktail in hand.   LSB in gold monogram would look divine, no?
She had some lovely jewels and fun things from other LA designers in her store.  Cannot wait to go back. ~ LB

PS from Jen - Went Lisa sent this to me, I about had a heart attack.  Dear Husband actually purchased the Leopard-print foldover clutch for me for Christmas this year.  Lisa had no idea!  Proof positive once again that Lisa and I share the same brain. ~ JH

1 comment: