Friday, December 19, 2014

What we are giving this holiday season.

I vowed I would keep the aimless wandering in stores for holiday gifts to a minimum this year.  Armed with my color-coded spreadsheet, I’ve hit the pavement and keyboard hard (click, click, Brown Santa!) and am almost done.  For those of you still in search of, here are some of my favorite gifties for Holiday 2014:

Lizzie James Bracelet - Absolutely awesome jewelry that can be worn as a bracelet or necklace.  Handmade in the US out of leather and silver or stainless steel, there are a multitude of colors and designs to choose from.  I spied the disk bracelet below at The Candy Bar in Wellesley.  Alas, it was too big but Lizzie makes three different sizes and three days later, I had a custom size in gunmetal gray leather and ready to pick up.  



Images from lizzyjamesdesigns.com.
Red Nail Polish - Red at the holidays is expected. What isn’t is red for Spring 2015.  The color is “red” hot and you’ll be seeing it a lot more in nails, lipstick and apparel come 2015.  I’ll be sporting Come to Bed Red from Butter London and Dragon by Chanel , which offer 2 looks to suit my mood.
Image from butterlondon.com.
Image from chanel.com.
Hat with Pompom - I am OBSESSED with the fur topped hat this season.  My favorite is this Bogner Knit Hat Drew ($199).  Gorsuch has a virtual buffet of pompom hats this season too, starting at $98.
Image from alpine-sports-santafe.com.

Images from gorsuch.com.
Mercury Glass Votive Holders - A perfect hostess gift and reasonably priced at $24 for a set of 4!  If you’re at downtown Wellesley, stop by Florijn for a similar gift boxed set of 12 for just $19.
Image from etsy.com.
For the chocolate loverBurdick’s has to be my very favorite chocolate maker.  Each one is like a little bit of heaven.  The wooden box is wrapped in a bow and sealed, making it an easy to gift.
Image from burdickchocolate.com.
More for the chocolate lover - Hot fudge sundaes (+ coffee ice cream, pecans, whipped cream) are my weakness so when I tasted Fudge Everything’s sauces I was wowed.  Made in Cape Ann right up the coast of Massachusetts, the sauces boast premium, quality ingredients including imported dutch-process cocoa powder and fine grain sea salt from Atlantic Saltworks in Gloucester.  No corn syrup, of course.  Get the twin pack and go crazy with a spoon!
Image from fudgeeverything.com.
Happy and merry all around! ~ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment