Monday, August 11, 2014

An old friend, rediscovered.

I had some time to troll around Newbury Street before a hair appointment last week and wandered into Steven Alan.  Thank goodness!  I always forget how much I LOVE this store, and I hope that by writing about it, I'll remember to visit every time I'm close by. 
Images from Jennifer Houston.
Why do I love it?  They describe themselves well:  "Steven Alan is a multi-brand retailer carrying a curated collection of clothing, accessories, apothecary, and home items for both men and women".  VERY well curated at that.  They carry some of my favorite designers - Clare Vivier, Band of Outsiders, Isabel Marant, and their in-house brand, Steven Alan.  They carry lots of designers that are new-to-me - which I love.  They have great basics.  It's a very cool vibe.  Clean lines, great materials.  Fantastic staff (at least at the Newbury location).

What did I check out this visit - these brogues by Rachel Comey.  I didn't think I was a brogue shoe girl, but maybe I am?  They are hunting for my size and I hope they find it.
Image from Jennifer Houston.
This cool dress.  It was a little short for me, but oh how I loved it.  With the shoes. 
Image from Jennifer Houston.
Image from stevenalan.com.
Next time you find yourself on Newbury, wander in.  You'll be glad you did. ~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment