Thursday, January 9, 2014

W2WW Around Town - W by Worth Show in Wellesley January 21-28

People - let's get going on Spring!  The 'polar vortex' is making me long for warmer climates.  To get a local taste of warmer climates, I urge you to check out the W by Worth Spring 2014 line.  In town from January 21st to 28th, local stylist Heather Steele will be happy to help you navigate the line.  
About 12 years ago, I helped a friend with her Worth business and have been shopping the line ever since.   I have purchased both old standbys that have stood the test of time as well as fun, more on-trend, pieces that have been great.  With all that history behind me, I feel as though I can say with confidence:

THIS IS THE BEST LINE THAT I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS.

I had the good (and bad) fortune of previewing the Spring 2014 W by Worth line last month.  Good if you are my closet; bad if you are my checkbook.  I literally couldn't stop shopping.

What caught my eye?!  I honestly think it was the selection of 'transitional' tops and pieces that REALLY did me in.  I'm constantly looking for those transitional items of clothing that I so desperately want in April and May when it's 50 in the morning and 70 later in the day.  I want to look 'springy', but it can be downright COLD.  

What did I order?  LOVED these Essential V-Neck Pullovers and how they fit.  Super soft (they are viscose with a touch of cashmere), and they come in 9 different colors.  I started with the khaki, and might have to get white or the denim blue.
I thought this long-sleeve white and black speckled t-shirt would be really useful under a black jacket.  I could really start wearing it now.  And into spring.  And in early fall.  The trim on the neckline is a faux leather.
I think I love this khaki and ivory knitted tweed dress I ordered.  It wasn't on my 'to buy' list, but it is as soft as a sweatshirt and the seaming on it makes it so great and slimming.  I could see it with it's self-jacket (another purchase - didn't like how they styled it though, so no good pictures) and brown boots in cooler weather.  On warmer days, wear it as is with wedges or sandals.  It's so different that I had to order it and will play with it to see if my styling suspicions are correct.  
Everyone will see me in this next top.  Navy perfection.  Soft, drapes beautifully, and will be worn over white jeans all spring long.  To quote the W by Worth site: "This is a piece that exemplifies the “less is more” axiom to perfection."  Yes, it does.
The final piece that I love are these 'soft suiting' pants that have a ruched tie on the cropped leg. I have a pair of these from last spring (in a java brown color) and thought that the ivory pair would look great with the khaki sweater from up above and some snakeskin ballet flats.  They come in navy too.

There are several other pieces that I need to go back an review before I'm done.  I already have an appointment for round 2.  To make your appointment, email Heather.  Maybe I'll see you there?! ~ JH
All images from wbyworth.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment